Guest article from Avishna, here we go!
Taking into accounts about the recent events occurring, I decided to post this article on the blog of my good friend about my perception.
We are all shocked and horrified by the recent events (some of us pa tro occurant about l’acutalité non, like Yashvin :P).
I was talking to my colleagues and they all agreed that the pedophiles have to be punished or hanged or shot… However we have never asked will that solve the problem of pedophile? Will people stop forcing children to such atrocities? Why do adults do this to kids, when most of the time they have kids themselves?
A pedophile can be around you, your smiling neighbour, you gentle colleague, your uncle, your best friend, YOURSELF.
I have just read the profile of a pedophile and am totally disgusted.
Here is a summary.
- Often the pedophile is male and over 30 years of age and if married, the relationship is with no sexual relations
- He is often fascinated with children and child activities appearing to prefer those activities to adult oriented activities. He has a job which requires contact with children on a daily basis.
- He prefers children close to puberty
- His victims are often shy, handicapped, and withdrawn children, or those who come from troubled homes or under privileged homes
- Often they also collect “souvenirs” from their victims’ eg porn movies or pictures.
Do you know that pedophiles are women as well as males? Most of the time it is males.
So this props up a question in my mind…
Why males are more prone to force a child to sex?
In my opinion, testicles are the biggest symbol of the so called evil that most people believe in.
Testosterone causes more irrational behavior than any other chemical in the human body (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia).
Pedophilia will always be a problem in human society if we continue to be controlled by our emotions. Emotions and feeling don’t solve problems. They usually cause problems. I believe that the brain is the problem. Of all the animals in this earth, men has the most fertile mind, they are civilized and respect each other and not abusing each other.
Unfortunately the brain of some people is diverted from the path of righteousness. If you want to solve a problem as big as pedophilia you have to think big. Putting someone in prison or putting them on a sex offender list is not enough.
The question what can be done to eliminate them?
1. Protect your children. Talk to your children about sex and make them aware that their body is theirs and no one has to the right to abuse of them. If it happens they should tell an adult as soon as possible.
2. We should pay more attention when our child talks about an adult which is becoming too close to them.
3. Teachers and parents or anyone should detect unusual behavior so that actions may be taken as soon as possible against the sex offender.
Ena conner mai pa dir nanien. Si ti zot zenfant eski zot ti pu reste trankil?
4. The law, we have seen that the law do not always take action when complains are done- this is the biggest crime.
How can the law close their eye on such a complaint I wonder… Its no use trying to go back in the past but we should use this example to prevent it to happen again in the future.
What could be done to prevent pedophiles from society?
Do not hesitate to share your suggestions….