After the happenings of today with 3 ppl dead, 2 ppl lost, loads of houses flooded, we may ask ourself,
Is Mauritius ready to face a crisis with
- its existing government,
- its different essential institutions responsible for monitoring the climate and taking immediate decisions and actions,
- the existing infrastructure (roads, surrounding of rivers, …)
- AND with a METEOROLOGICAL SERVICE like nowhere else! (read more)
See below the forecast of Meteo France:
2 pics from tushal shot in Curepipe…
Perhaps some of you may have forgotten the following:
- Nearly 3/4 of the island was in a complete blackout due to a fault in ONE of the electric infrastructure in early 2005!
- ICTA blocking facebook access!
- An unhappy suspended technician hacking the mauritius telecom system and the whole country deprived of internet!
- Something more frequent, a minor accident on the motorway early in the morning and paralyzing the whole traffic for hours!
Do you remember more examples of this type???
Feel free to quote