Right everyone, for those of you who do not know anything about defensive tactics system, you will be interested to learn that Krav Maga is no nonsense, relaitic and a very effective training system which comes from Israel. The Mauritius Self Defense Federation has been appointed as the official and sole representative of Krav Maga within Mauritius.
Our goal as outlined by our Global Director Eyal Yanilov is to save lives and our mission is to be excellent.
The story behind Krav Maga?
For those of you who are not aware, Krav Maga was orginally developed by Imre Lichtenfeld for the Israeli Army. They needed something which was effective, realistic and that would not take years and years to learn. Imre ( or Sde ) as he is commonly known to Krav Maga Practitioners, used his boxing and wrestling background to set the foundations of Krav Maga. After he passed away, his mantle is now being assumed by Eyal Yanilov, the same one who created the civilian version of Krav Maga.
As such, we at Karv Maga Global, we are always looking for ways to improve and adapt the techniques so as to suit every one within society.
Why Krav Maga?
Let’s face it.
Around every street corner you walk you will always see signs such as Shokotan Karate ( Self Defense) or Taekwondo( Self Defense) etc etc. This was one of the first things that gets me really upset because unfortunately, these so called self defense experts are a dime a dozen. They either know nothing or are totally ignorant of what self defense is all about.
Now don’t get me wrong here, if someone loves katas etc then by all means embrace the traditional training, but this is not the same as street fighting. Many of these techniques are unfortunately outdated, unsafe and if used againt an experienced attacker will simply create more problems instead of resolving the situation. I once witnessed a taekwondo instructor in Mauritius instructing his students about how to kick a knife away from someone’s hands. That was absolutely shocking and utterly dangerous as well as plain stupid. What if that bloke had to handle someone schooled in kali?
Unfortunately there is a big gap in the market when it comes to self defense. I have had many requests from people who would like to know more about Krav Maga and I am writing this article, simply to educate people into the reality and the nastiness of street fights. Thugs are not going to be nice and you need to have the right training to fend them off. I myself have been attacked twice by skin heads and thanks to my Krav Maga and Sayoc Kali background was able to fend them off .
Krav Maga unlike many other martial arts has been battle tested and what we show to civilians or law enforcement officials etc have been proven to work time and time again. Never ever trust your security in the hands of those experts looking to make a quick buck because they do not understand the essence of self defense.
We will be having our first official Krav Maga Seminars as from the 28th November to the 10th of December in various locations across the island, after which we will be launching official training by our Krav Maga Global approved instructors…
For those of you who would be interested here is a glimpse of what we will offer:
- Rape prevention.
- Fight basics, how to throw a punch to start with, combinations which can be effective.
- Defense against all kinds of kicks, coming from any directions.
- Defense against experienced attackers, esp those with a combative background.
- How to prioritize targets to inflict maximum damage.
- Defense against baseball bats.
- How to assess threats.
- Develop situational awareness.
- Defense against knife attacks.
- Defense against chokes, while sitting, standing, sleeping or in any other position.
- Defense against multiple attackers.
- Release against bear hugs and chokes.
- Defense against home intrusion.
- How to protect your kids against aggressors.
- Using everyday objects as weapons to fight off aggressors.
- Road rage.
- Handle attacks in a parking space.
- Howto spot if a predator is following you.
- Mental training.
- Real life simulations.
- Stress training and response. How to stimulate and get into the zone when faced with an attacker.
- How to handle fear.
- How to handle attacks on a bus.
- How to go from being a victim to being able to control the situation.
- Conflict des escalation techniques.
- Defense against hand guns.
- Realistic training and live simulations.
If you would like to know more about the Krav Maga Seminars then please call Ramtohul Avinash on 5-750-5727 or alternatively you can send an email to email@example.com. If you have any questions please email us at the above mentioned address.
Hope to see you in one of our seminars.
(Expert in Krav maga and an advanced Practitioner of Sayoc Kali and a strength athlete and an ardent Kettlebell Practitioner)