A few days back, MBC came up with some “new” tv channels on its TNT frequencies and a new radio channel :
- Marathi (Doordarshan)
- Tamil (Doordarshan)
- Telegu (Doordarshan)
- Urdu (Pakistan)
- Tourism and Culture
- Best FM (Radio)
Rs100. This is the monthly MBC subscription fee that Mauritians have been paying monthly in their electricity bills for years now. Meanwhile, the following have been introduced on the island :
- TNT [ Read blog article some time after I got it]
- Improved web site with video streams [Read blog article]
- 4 additional tv channels for myT in November 2008 [ More here]
- And and and, their brand new studios (Anyone got a status?)
I understand that many among you are fed up with the MBC, especially for broadcasting outdated content among others, but still, I would like you to share your views here.
- Did anyone
tooktake the initiative to configure and have a look at the new channels yet?
- There has been a lot of talking done about the introduction of creole in schools etc.
Why did not MBC set up a local entertainment channel in creole instead? I guess that this would have been too difficult for them since they have rarely been creative and innovative. What do you think?
Concept for the image found in this post was found on a newspaper this week.