A lot has been said in less than one week regarding the financial state of the University Of Mauritius (Express)
Initial Amount missing was 49 millions rupees but after negociation with Authorities, 18 millions have been arranged and most important of all, 11,8 millions of rupees are estimated to be saved if the running costs of the university is reduced. Seems that another 2.5 millions will be saved through arrangements made over the extra duty hours, allocations etc…
According to the article, only 14.2 millions will still be missing
(lol, pu ene fois, mo poor maths p dire mwa ki calcul la pas bon!)
Also, that, if so much can be saved, then surely, much more resources are being used carelessly !
Similar topics have also been posted by Vickss & Mrs Christina
«Nous allons faire de gros sacrifices sur de nombreuses choses.
Beaucoup d’actions seront réduites au minimum pour les cinq derniers
mois de cette année financière»,
confie un membre du conseil
Now, if u dont want to read the following, u may close this window/tab since the remaining part consists of simply some “stupid things” directly from my mind
My happy hours start here!
(only my close friends know what kind of things happen during the happy hours)
So, how can we reduce running costs of the university of mauritius?
Inspired by the most popular Stupid Political Group
GLOBE – Aneerood.Gajadar
- Switch Off the Elevators (lifts) – Everyone use stairs!
- Switch Off those hundreds of lights that are uselessly kept On in the engineering tower!
- Switch Off those few working fans and Air-conditioners, Everyone must bring their own “L’evantaille rs10!”
- Use those rs2000 paid to the CSE Department Labs to get something done!
- Instead of screensavers, cut down electricity consumption by switching off the monitor after amount of inactivity
- Make adequate use of resources (UoM Vehicles)
- Dont trim the grass, put cattle. etc to eat them!
- Provide “Dal Pourri” to visitors or during official functions instead of those costly “pattisseries”
- Use Students’ Projects to recycle waste materials n for re-use on campus!
- Make Use of Renewable Energy, again students’ final year projects
- Lecturers wont like this : Instead of Projectors, use the whiteboard or even blackboard and chalk – “la craie” and students wont like it too, coz they will have to copy in the notebooks 😛
- Save Money on Photocopy & Official paper works, send mails and provide all lectures on softcopy
- Make Parking Payant for students…
This will make them use the facility provided by the government and at same time, money can be collected by those students!
Do you have more ideas to save our uni?