Let’s have some fun. In office, few colleagues and myself randomly started comparing 2 types of persons, here named as “soular la ville” and “soular la campaigne”:
- The “soular la campaigne” will have some white rhum (NO1) in a small shop or “taverne” or under some tree while the “soular la ville” will be having beer and branded whiskey in hotels or other pubs during happy hours and beyond, perhaps here.
- The “soular la campaigne” will probably cycle to the meeting point to have the drink while the “soular la ville” will drive his car into the parking, guarded by security agents and even bouncers.
- In whatever financial condition he might be, the “soular la campaigne” will pay a bottle of beer at around Rs55-70 but the soular la will pay one glass of beer at around Rs100. After every price rise, only the first one will complain.
- The “soular la campaigne” might not know you but still, he will greet you “bonjour” or “bonsoir” once he is drunk. The “soular la ville” will never speak to strangers. They might even ignore that you are there.
- When the small party is over, the “soular la campaigne” will drag himself or walk back home besides his cycle, each one supporting the other. The “soular la ville” will drive back home, most often forgetting everything about security and even killing people on his way.
- Once in a while, the “soular la campaigne” can go to have a drink in a pub but the “soular la ville” will never tarnish his image for having drunk under a tree or shop.
- If the “soular la campaigne” has an accident, he will be left dying on the road side, while the “soular la ville” will be driven to a private clinic whereby the police won’t be able to take a sample of his blood for alcohol test.
And of course, the next day -> Hangover!
Anyone got something interesting to add?
And what about me?
Mwa mo soular la mer! 😛
(koz for most of our plans, one of us drive to the beach)
Bon weekend to all!
(Picture credits to Ashvind)