Bhanu, freelance reporter on yashvinblogs is loving to write guest articles here. He is back with a new article, once more on the world cup! Thanks Bhanu…
So the World Cup finally ended with the Spain’s victory over Netherland.
We have to give credit to the excellent organization of the event which was the first one in Africa and which also had its loads of surprises making this a unique world cup!
Here are some of the main topics which someone would remember of the tournament:
- Vuvuzela: it sounded like a bee hive during the matches, irritated a lot of the viewers, is as loud as an airplane, but finally everybody adopted it as the instrument got so popular being even used in strikes in France! [Read post]
- French player strike: As Zidane said in an interview, everybody would remember the winner of the world cup and the French players strike! Never ever seen such thing before, deplorable is the word! But well it also reflect the countries constant strikes and French revolution attitude
- Referee mistakes:This World cup saw 2 terrible referee mistakes during the Germany-England and Argentina-Mexico Matches. These are mistakes which could have been avoided if the video was used. This is a continuous debate for which Fifa really should do something!
- Suarez of Uruguay hand: After a very intense action at the last minutes of prolongations, Suarez hand, or hand of gods, saved the team from a defeat from Ghana. This was a sad and unfair action which deceived all the African continent in gaining their first team to attend semi-finals. The penalty after could not be achieved, and maybe should fifa consider giving a free goal if a hand is used to save a goal
- Shakira’s Waka Waka : Song which was constantly being played on radios, tvs… This time for Africa!
Even translated in other languages! lol
- Paul Octopus: Last but not the least, the spychic Octopus everybody was talking about: his predictions were correct for 8 consecutive matches!! That makes 1 out of 256 chances to make a correct guess. This Octopus created such a hype during the world cup that angry supporters wanted to kill and eat it, other considered it as a star, and even Spain government willing to send special forces to protect the gifted one
Don’t hesitate to share your views on this world cup!
Image from fifa