It is becoming very serious and dangerous now.
Yesterday night, my colleague told me about a case in which people threw a stone at a car which was going along the motorway from the Riche Terre (Jumbo) roundabout till the Terre Rouge’s one.
And a few minutes ago, my dad warned me since the police registered loads of cases again during the last days. Indeed, some malicious people are taking fun to throw stones at passing vehicles on different parts of the motorways (not only in the north).Â People are reporting similar cases, not only in the north, but even in the central part of the island.
Drivers from the north already know the danger when driving past the Terre Rouge roundabout, near the cemetery.
In the past, there have been other cases where people placed big rocks along the road so that the drivers run directly into them. Of course, if it very difficult to stop your vehicle immediately when you are flying at over 90KM/hr.
They usually operate in groups. While some of them aim at the cars, other people wait patiently for the drivers to get down of their vehicles before attacking them. They usually hide into dark areas or on the flyover bridges.
It is a driver’s normal instinct to get out of his vehicle and check what happened.
BEWARE! DO NOT STOP YOUR VEHICLE ANYMORE!
Drive straight to the nearest Police Station to report it or to some safer location to check for any damages.
The road is becoming more and more dangerous everyday, and thieves are trying to be more and more smart to attack you.
- Try to avoid roads near high risk areas (You know what I am talking about)
- Its more safe to use the “vieux chemin” at night.
- Do not travel alone especially late in the night
- It may sound a bit dangerous, but I believe that you should not be driving along a straight line if you are driving the only vehicle in some remote road.
- Never stop, especially if you are alone.
- Avoid staying long at Red Traffic Lights, drive away if you see that the road are clear, but be careful!
- If you see some suspicious peopleÂ on the roads, avoid slowing down.
- If you ever see some people asking you to slow down (EVEN if they seem to be in “Police Uniforms“) and there are no signs of any police vehicles around, DO NOT STOP!
Head straight to the Police Station and tell them that people were trying to stop you. The Police officers will then verify this information if needed.
Please SPREAD THE WORD!