As Morinn announced a few hours ago, the bloggers meeting has been finalised.
Date : 14th march 2009
Time : 14hrs
Venue : Mac Donald, Port Louis(anyway, there is only one in Mauritius, lol)
Choosing the venue
Not that easy first of all since we wanted to make something nice for the first one, but later we realised that we had some constraints;
- According to the first list, we are expecting 20 bloggers.
So, finding a resto for around 20 persons in about 1 week was a big tough.
- From the initial list, we did not have the exact number of confirmed bloggers, hence we had to look for a place which can accomodate all of us, a few to a large number.
- We opted for Port Louis, since we believed it was the most accessible for all of us.
ya, we know, gonna be hot in the capital.
- Since many of the bloggers are students (College and Uni), we had a tight budget for the meeting.
Thus, we can’t afford looking for big restaurants.
- We made a list of a few restaurants where we enquired about the price and possibility to hold our meeting there since we thought of reserving some tables of a restaurant to be sure that we won’t be kicked out.
lol, another opportunity for me to meet my brother 😛
Choosing the time.
As most of us seemed to be ok with a meeting in the afternoon, we decided to schedule it for 14hrs.
Why not a lunch?
Some of you may ask yourself, why don’t we meet up for a lunch?
Again, the answer is : The unconfirmed number of bloggers attending the meeting.
Also, handling about 20 persons in a first meeting will be a bit chaos since a few of us have never shown ourselves in public.
For a first meeting, a rounder, chips and some coke would be more appropriate, no need to learn how to hold spoon and fork in 5 days time 😛
lol, joking haha!
To sum up, we had to take into consideration that many of the bloggers would perhaps have a limited budget since they are students.
Also, the list not being final, we could not reserve a nice restaurant since we would have been required to pay some advance fees, which we did not have yet.
You want to attend the meeting?
For this first meeting, our aim is mainly to know our blogger friends.
Dont worry, once the bloggers’ know each other, we will come up very soon with other more interesting events 🙂
We hosted the event on facebook as it is much easier to maintain a confirmed list of people, updates etc…
Keep visiting for updated news and hope to see all the bloggers there!