New prices applicable as from tomorrow, 22nd November 2014:
Rs50.15 / L -> Rs47.90 / L
Rs41.90 / L -> Rs39.45 / L
They can say whatever they want but facts remain facts :
- Price increased by the maximum allowable of 5-6% in March 2013.
The prices set at that point of time were as follows :
Essence – Rs 52.25/L
Diesel: Rs 43.95/L
- The prices on the worldwide market has been decreasing since several months.
- A first decrease was finally announced in the month of August 2014:
Essence : Rs50.15 / L
Diesel : Rs43.95 / L
- Date of general elections announced less than 2 weeks ago.
- A second decrease in the prices announced today by the Petroleum Pricing Committee…
Lastly, the population is not so stupid as they believe.
At least, I think not anymore, I hope so.