[Video] Terre Rouge Verdun entrance to Ebene – Just invent your traffic rules
What I will show you today is not unusual if you use the Terre Rouge Verdun road every morning.
While the majority of drivers queue up to enter Ebene, a bunch of drivers prefer to
- Drive on the motorway layby
- Come in front of vehicles whenever they like
- Change lanes along solid white lines
- Change lanes on roundabouts
All these above, just to show that they absolutely do not give a fuck to all other law abiding drivers.
Case study : Toyota Yaris – 4442 JU 15
This guy really annoyed me this morning. Fortunately, I have my dashcam recording and when I came across him on the roundabout, I informed him to have a look at Facebook. With chances, he will probably read this post. So, a big hi!
If he ever thinks to complain to the police? Please do. Don’t forget to bring a copy of this video too.
Case study : Peugeot 208 – 4513 JU 14
New video captured today by the dashcam!
This car was lady driven and changed lanes on the roundabout itself while tens of other cars were queuing up.
As mentioned in my earlier post, education is indeed a failure in our society. Such persons need to be penalized and fined but unfortunately, the above scene happens everyday, even with 2 to 3 police officers posted there but without much help as one of them is regulating traffic on the roundabout while the other one just stands among the traffic cones.
So, what really happens :
- The huge traffic chaos and parking problem right in the “cyber” city Ebene causes a long queue to build up onto the Terre Rouge Verdun road everyday. And as shown above, a large bunch of drivers do not care about having to wait like other drivers. They feel that they are more superior, hence their own decision to bypass rules and breach laws. This p*ss*s off other persons who are waiting on the right lane.
- With cars waiting to enter the right lane, the traffic on the left lane comes to a halt. Now imagine 10 vehicles doing the same thing. That halt can sum up to several minutes in worst cases. This prevents road users on the left lane to pursue their road towards the motorway in the direction of Trianon. This traffic jam on the left lane is pretty un-necessary, purely caused by the above mentioned drivers. And this pisses off people on the left lane too.
Results: Every driver (whether on left or right lanes) gets p*ss*d off!
What actions need to be taken?
It doesn’t take really much to solve this problem. The existing police officers just don’t care because they were never assigned the duty to fine these drivers. However, just post 1 or 2 additional police officers at this particular spot and you will notice the difference. Suddenly, everyone will prefer waiting in the queue. But please, these police officers should look out for these drivers, not just stand there like the one who can nearly be mistaken for a traffic cone just on the Ebene flyover.
I will also push this video to the Citizen Support Unit and the Mauritius Police Force to see if any action is taken as many drivers prefer to ignore these as*hol*s to avoid getting into any fights or verbal threats but unfortunately, these as*hol*s just don’t care. As days go on, the number of as*hol*s will increase as they can see that nothing is being done to solve the problem, so why should they wait in the queue??? That’s logical and at the end of the day, we will end up with more as*hol*s because of the inaction of the authorities and police! This is why the situation gets out of control and ends up in road rages and accidents, just like in Goodlands some days ago. Read the article here if you missed it!!!
Please don’t forget to share!
Thank you for reading. Cheers!