With approximately 45,900 visitors during last year’s edition, Orange is highly advertising their event which will be accessible to the public from the 8th to 10th April 2011. Do you still remember last year’s expo? You might get a flash back if I tell you that there were Orange “partners” selling furniture, beds and kitchen things. Still nothing? 3DTV perhaps?
Let’s be serious. Did you use anything that was demonstrated to you in last year’s expo? How many among you actually watched 3D tv or used their 3D glasses? How many among you pay for watching TV on your small mobile phone? And if I say, pay Rs19.60 for stupid fun tone service which you accidentally got subscribed while using your phone?
What if we talk about real life now?
- Your livebox refuses to connect to the internet,
- Speed tests are displaying 1/10 of what you are paying for,
- Your adsl modem stops synchronizing for no reasons,
- Low quality YouTube videos are taking like hell to load and after each few seconds, it needs to buffer again
- Nothing interesting to watch on tv, despite the dozens of tv channels offered by Orange
- Paying loads of money for an unreliable and slow internet connectivity
- Forced to upgrade to a 1MB connection if you want to get the price decrease announced by the government or forget the decrease and stay on your existing 512Kbps connection (Read More)
- A stupid and amateur technician who says that your newly purchased laptop has no LAN port? (Read More)
- The CEO of Mauritius Telecom, Sarat Lallah, announcing that they provide a myT 3MB/s subscription, live on a private radio.
And the worst experience of your life : Calling the Customer Support and waiting for 10minutes to get an answer somewhat like “Monsieur/Madame, pouvez vous eteindre votre livebox et le reallumer apres 15minutes.”
If you feel that Orange has really done something that has brought joy in your life during the past months, then you should definitely go to their expo to show your support.
But if you are like me, angry each time you have a low speed and fed up of being treated like a sh*t by their customer care and the management in general, you should save your money and time by doing something more interesting with people who care about you…
Please spread the word by clicking here to share the post on Facebook!