During the electoral campaign, a few parties announced that they will fight to give a compensation to unemployed people (“chomeur”).
I googled quickly and here is what I found about some of the criteria necessary to benefit from that money in some countries :
- N’avoir pas quitté volontairement son emploi
- Etre physiquement apte à exercer un emploi
- Avoir suffisament cotisée
- Etre inscrit comme demandeur d’emploi ou suivre une formation agréée
- Etre à la recherche permanente et effective d’un emploi
- Etre âgé de moins de 60 ans [+ d’autres condition ici et ici]
I really want to know what you people think about this?
- Should “chomeur” be given an allowance just like it is the case in some countries?
- Should there be any criterias (other than being not employed)?
- While some people may genuinely be “unemployed” for some reasons, would not this encourage unemployment among certain groups of people?