Update 20 October 2016 : All content from the photoblog has been moved to the main blog, under the category Photoblog
Why a photoblog?
Since the last months, I have been thinking about the different ways of putting my shots online. Flickr is definitely the best to act as some portfolio for your creations and Picasa is the most secure way of holding your albums online with a very customizable access control. With the powerful wordpress in hand, I wanted to develop my own photoblog and I really enjoyed customizing wordpress into a photoblog 🙂 As some of you probably know, yashvin.net was my old domain and I decided to bring it back to life by presenting something new and as interesting as this blog. The photoblog has been fully customized starting from the theme itself and has been pumped up with some custom codes and wordpress plugins. Special thanks to those friends and bloggers who tested the blog and provided me with their feedback to make this site even better! You will also notice that all my blogger friends have been linked from the photoblog and I invite all of them to link this photoblog back, please!
Now time to discover the features of this new blog!
What has been keeping me busy?
As you will probably notice at first sight, the rating system.
Too lazy to view images in their individual pages?
Live tips and news
Don’t like the dark theme?
This color switcher option is currently DISABLED. Unfortunately the wordpress super cache plugin worked wonderfully well and cached all pages on the server, causing my color switcher module to fail. Later, I will either have to choose between performance of the photoblog or keep this color switcher option, but for now, performance matters the most! Meanwhile have a look at the screenshot below for a preview 😛
New posts directly into your inbox!
No need to visit this site daily or fill up your rss reader… Just fill in your email address and all the future images will automatically land into your inbox!
And the standard comment box
The quick intro is now over. www.yashvin.net is the next link you should be visiting right now!!! Cheers!
By customizing WordPress into a photoblog, I have one of the most powerful tools in my hands! Sky is the limit… Just imagine the hundreds of features that can be instantly added through plugins or simply writing some php code right into the pages! I will definitely keep upgrading this photoblog with ideas both emerging from you and the web 2.0 trends. This page will be kept as a change log to mark the dates on which new features are added.
- 20 October 2016 : All content from the photoblog has been moved to the main blog, under the category Photoblog
- 14 June 2013 – The look of the blog has been slightly modified over the past month. Additionally, the home page now shows images pulled directly from my Flickr account. So probably, most pictures are going to be posted there instead, especially with the 1TB of free space made available to all free accounts 🙂
- 18 December 2011 – New AF-S 35mm 1.8G lens, purchased during my visit to China
- 04 September 2010 – Acquired a Nikkor 18-105 VR 🙂
- 01 September 2010 : Categories menu added 🙂
- 16 July 2010 : Received my Flash SB 600 🙂
- 17 March 2010 : Small modification on photoblog : Medium size pictures are now shown when the thumbnails are clicked. Previously, the larger version was displayed
- 13 March 2010 – My photography gear now includes a Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5/6 Li LD Macro lens (arrived today itself), a Velbon CV540 tripod, a wireless remote among others. .
- 4 December 2009- Received my new DSLR, Nikon D5000, purchased on ebay.
- 12th July 2009 – Size of original pics has been increased from a width of 700px to 980px. Applicable to pictures posted as from today.
- 7th July 2009 – Images pulled onto yashvinblogs.com through custom ajax code from this photoblog.
- 1st July 2009 – Added small icon to share pictures on facebook.
- 27 June 2009 – Official Launch early in the morning.
- 25 June 2009 – Disabled color switcher option since wordpress super cache plugin is caching all files wonderfully well, thus preventing the custom coding to work.
- 10 June 2009 – Beta version of photoblog uploaded, useful feedback from friends and bloggers.
- 1 June 2009 – Customization of wordpress started